Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's About Time To Fly Away, But Wait...

Tomorrow's the big day!! We're leaving the house at around 1:00pm to get to the airport early ( three hours before my flight... my nerves are considerably out of control )

But Wait...
I discovered today I'm horrible at packing.
Especially when I only have one backpack and one carry on, for an entire semester. And for some reason, I can't seem to fit much more than my camping equipment in my bag. I also just realized I forgot to pack socks and a baithing suit. Those are going to need to fit somewhere as well. Luckily the resident expert in packing, my father, comes home around 5:30 and he said he would help me organize and pack everything. What a relief.

So I'm starting to get pretty nervous. Neighbors, family, and friends keep calling and stopping by to wish me luck and safe travels. I can't believe this is all happening so quickly. I remember sitting in statistics last semester thinking how the next 54 days were going to drag by... they didn't. It's completely surreal.
But I'm ready for my adventure. It's going to be a semester I'll never forget.

Heres a quick list of things I'll most likely miss:
-family and friends obviously
-real showers
-my iphone (that's staying in america)
-being able to hop in my car and drive to the store when I need something
-easy internet access
-a real mattress/bed/sheets

One of my best friends always quotes Eleanor Roosevelt in saying: "Do One Thing Everyday That Scares You"
I think I have that covered for a couple months...

Well see you on the other side!
of the ocean that is.
-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment