Thursday, November 10, 2011

Like Your Brain Can't Keep Up with Your Beak

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of blogging. It seems school has just gotten busier and busier these past weeks. But, as of today, I have exactly eleven more days of classes and only 36 days until I'm home for winter break. This semester is flying by, and seemingly getting more difficult each day.

Today has been particularly stressful as my morning has not gone as planned. I woke up at 7:30 rather than 6:30 and missed morning swim practice. Went to get an early start on studying my abstract algebra (I have a huge exam tomorrow) and realized I didn't have my book. My friend whom I had been studying with had accidentally picked it up, and it took an extra fifteen minutes just to get it back. Then on my way to breakfast I realized I had left my keys and my Knightcard in my Suite. Thus, I unfortunately had to walk all the way back to my building; incidentally a building I had locked myself out of.  So I had to steal a friend’s key card all in order to get breakfast.
So all in all, I’ve finally made it to a study room in the library, two hours after I initially began my morning...

But this isn’t even the worst part. Tonight I have practice from four to six, an orientation reunion dinner at seven, rehearsal at eight, and I'm tutoring from nine to eleven. I guess you could say I have a certain tendency to put too many things on my plate. And when I realize this, I stress out and begin to do things without thinking. Its funny, because I know exactly what my mom would have said to me, had I been home this morning. She would have said: "Slow down, take a deep breath, you're moving too quickly and forgetting things. Let you're mind catch up with you. Write out a list of things you need to do, and tackle them one at a time." She always has the best advice...

Anyways,
The more exciting news of the day would be that my plane tickets have been purchased, and everything is beginning to fall into place for my trip!
I’m beginning to study some Swahili (when my schedule permits) and I’m starting to make a packing list, and a list of things I need to purchase in the next few weeks… including some type of e-reader.
That’s where you come in!
I need advice on deciding what to buy. What would you suggest; the nook tablet or the kindle fire?

Well, off to study,
wish me luck
-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment